1) Fill out the APPLICATION
Please be sure to fill out the application in its entirety. As you fill it out, please think about how you could best help the Bike Depot serve our community and what you will get out of this service. In the future we will search your volunteer profile to approach you for special opportunities based on your interests. After we review and approve your application we will invite you to our next orientation.
2) Attend an "informative interview"
These casual, informal meetings take about 20 minutes. We will discuss what you wrote in your volunteer application and get you plugged into a volunteer opportunity that suits your interests.
3) Sign up for a shift and get started
On your first day we try to pair you with a more experienced volunteer, but depending on availability this might not happen. We have a several volunteer positions that you can jump right into and others that require more skill and training.
Some positions and tasks we need help with
• Bicycle wrenching - work on bikes
• Shop Leads – those with the skill to take charge of the shop for a weekly shift.
• Teach classes
• Greet and help customers and participants
• Sell bikes, parts and accessories
• Outreach and marketing
• Bike Collection Volunteer
• Manage events
• Fundraising and grant writing
• Website and marketing development
• An infinite number of other tasks both big and small!
We offer generous benefits to dedicated volunteers that commit to a weekly/bi-weekly shift, a committee or a special project. Our benefit structure is as follows:
Volunteer 12 hours/month = 15% off Bikes and Bike Gear
Volunteer 24 hours/month = 30% off Bikes and Bike Gear
Volunteer 24 hours/month + added responsibility* = cost of item + 10% (employee discount)
*such as lead mechanic, committee chair, project manager, etc.
Thank you so much for your interest in helping to further the mission of the Bike Depot.